No, he did not get his own account (thank G-D for that!) and he was only passing through, but he come over, hung out and, most importantly, answered some questions from fans. He answered one of my questions as well, it's number 7 in the list below. I sincerely doubt that he will take up permanent residence on Twitter, but that's perfectly fine. The fact that he was willing to share a few precious moments with us was enough.
|Andy Serkis (Gollum), Richard Armitage (Thorin) and James Nesbitt (Bofur) look amused and slightly overwhelmed as they make their way through the thousands of questions that were sent in by the fans|
So did we learn anything new? Yes and no. Some questions were rather silly and just for fun or they repeated things we already know from previous interviews. Other answers were new and surprisingly honest. I'm sure not everyone would willingly tell the world about their fear for deep water or their propensity for a bad temper. "A propensity for a bad temper and anxiety of care" sound beautiful, doesn't it? Again, RA managed to charm us with his intelligence and wit.
I still can't get over the fact that this man continues to surprise and charm me in everything he does... even in 140 characters or less!
Here's an overview of the questions answered by Richard Armitage on Twitter today. Questions were sent to @TheHobbitMovie using the #AskThorin hashtag and these were chosen out of thousands of questions that had been flooding in since yesterday afternoon.
1. Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or an army of duck-sized horse?Richard: Horse sized duck. Good in hand-to-hand combat and (can give) a sword to the beak.
2. If you could have dinner with any 3, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be?Richard: Richard III, John F. Kennedy, and Ian McKellen.
3. What was the scene you were most excited to shoot? And the one you were more worried about?Richard: Thorin’s first arriving in Bag End. Because you are seeing him out of his comfort zone and starting his journey.
4. Do you like #DepecheMode? I won't believe if not, cause their songs match greatly with most of your charactersRichard: Yes. I would like to know which songs you think fit his character. Master and servant.
5. Somewhere in the world you've always wanted to travel to, but not had the chance to yet?Richard: Peru. I would like to climb Machu Picchu.
6. I am making hobbit feet for a Tolkien mad 9yr old...Any tips even though you were a dwarf?Richard: Lots of talcum powder when putting them on. Use lots of hair. Stay on flat surfaces and avoid stairs.
7. Richard, what's currently n°1 on your bucket list?
Richard: Climb Everest.
8. It must be hard putting on all that makeup and costume! Which part do you dread the most?Richard: The face because it was the most uncomfortable, it stings, and fills up with sweat.
9. What is your recipe for life? :)10. What's your favorite dessert?
Richard: Chocolate ice cream. Treat others as you would want to be treated. And lots of chocolate ice cream.
11. What is your favorite part of playing Thorin?
Richard: 1.) Making him fight. 2.) Trying to rationalize his madness.
12. What is a dwarve's fave type of beer? Stop via Sydney & i'll shout you one
Richard: Room temperature ale
13. (one) thing you are afraid of?
Richard: Deep water
14. What characteristics do you admire of Thorin and why, & what do you recognize in yourself?
Richard: His nobility and bending will to succeed. We share a propensity for a bad temper and anxiety of care.
Richard's parting words: