Monday 20 May 2013

Random thoughts: The language of love

Well shame on me for ignoring this blog for so very long! *hangs head in shame*

I don't know what exactly happened, but I think I was so caught up in other projects and especially all the lovely RA material that we've been blessed with these past few months, that I just never got round to actually writing and posting my thoughts. Now that RA is back in New Zealand (or should I say Middle Earth) I seem to have been able to clear my mind of the spiderwebs of the past and my muse has come out of hibernation. I'm back!

Let me start by sharing this beautiful video with you. You may have already seen it, but it has really touched my heart. Whether you are gay or straight, you've probably been in a similar situation at some point in your life. I'm sure that, just like me, you can relate to Charlie's doubts.

How do you tell someone that you love them? How do you cross the line between friendship and love, knowing that you're putting everything on the line and could end up alone?
What do you say?

How do you find the language of love?

"In THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE 17 year old Charlie struggles to find the words to be true to himself...and his best friend.

A wry, delicate take on first love and awakening sexuality from a young man's perspective, THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE is written and performed by Kim Ho, under the mentorship of leading Australian playwright Tommy Murphy, and directed by Laura Scrivano, for The Voices Project from the Australian Theatre for Young People (atyp)"

More information about the project is available here




No comments:

Post a Comment