Wednesday 22 August 2012

My favourite picture for your birthday...

Happy Armitage Day to Richard Armitage fans across the globe...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Richard Crispin Armitage, actor, heart-throb (yes, you, Mr. A!), dandy (very suave, when he's in the right frame of mind), circus worker (yes, he slept next to the elephants, get over it), dwarf (the tallest dwarf, in every way!), professional spy (I love Lucas North, did I mention that?), and Nazi saboteur (He's the only person who would want to make a cartoon character - Heinz Kruger in Captain America - look like more than a one-dimensional bad guy: Erich Gimpel, your biography is now on my reading list as well!)

After 21 days of counting down to this day, I owe you my favourite picture in honour of RA's birthday. so here it is:

Picture courtesy of the excellent Picture Gallery at www.richardarmitagenet.com

Why do I love this picture?

- It's Richard, as himself. No character to change his features, his voice or his actions, he's his very own, adorable self!

- His hair is short, and it's his natural colour

- The beard... what can I say? THE BEARD!! *I'm controlling the urge to run my fingers across his jaw*

- That incredible Belstaff leather jacket that fits him so very well - actually, I can't believe that the brand has not asked him to be their poster-boy (or man, I should say) because their jackets and coats look exquisite on him!

- He's talking about his role in The Hobbit and I am eagerly awaiting the day when I can finally see RA as Thorin on the big screen, in high-definition 3D!

- He's being serious: he's giving one of his incredibly intelligent, well thought-through answers to some interviewer's not-so-very-original question...

- His voice, yes his beautiful, deep, velvet, dip-me-in-chocolate, tingles-down-my-spine voice. Of course, you can't hear that voice in this picture, so I would like to share a video as well. A minute of Richard Armitage - thank you bcc mee for creating this!



I hope you've enjoyed my countdown to Armitage day and my selection of pictures. I've had a wonderful time going through the picture gallery and finding my favourites to share... Thank you all for visiting my blog, commenting on the pictures and for taking part in all the birthday fun!

Thank you Mr. A for inspiring me! Whatever you are doing to celebrate this day, I hope you enjoy it. Happy Birthday, Richard!! x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Inge. Happy Armitage Day!
    BTW, If I didn't love him already, surely I would fall in love with your description of that pic ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Inge, Happy Armitage Day!
    Thank you for the blog over the last 21 days I've thoroughly enjoyed it, I've loved the pictures and your comments. I love your reasons for this final image and video, it's made me re-think why they are so good. The sound of his voice is as you describe.
    Thank you again.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you've enjoyed the blog, and hopefully the day as well. Thanks for your comments!
      x

      Delete
  3. Happy Armitage Day to you Inge. Thank you for taking the time to put together this blog. For the past 22 days you've shared your heart for Richard with us and I thank you for allowing me to share mine with you. This was a wonderful way to wish Richard a happy birthday. He is a most humble and loving person and one that is a privilege to admire. You showed him in all the best possible pictures and I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Jeannie!! It was great to share 'my heart for Richard' with everyone and reading everyone's comments. I've had such a fun month!
      x

      Delete
  4. Hi Inge,
    Excellent choice! Happy Armitage Day to you!
    Cheers! Grati ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gratiana. I hope you've had a wonderful day!
      x

      Delete
  5. Mmmm, brownhaired boy next door Armitage. My favorite. Happy Armitage Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great description, Servetus. Natural hair colour, shy smile... I could look at him forever!

      Delete
  6. Hi, I'm new here and have been enjoying your countdown to Armitage day. :) I was just curious, what does Crispin's Eclipse mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog - I'm so happy you enjoyed the countdown!
      Well, the origin of my blog's name is rather complicated. I explained it in one of my very first blogposts, you can find it here:
      http://crispinseclipse.blogspot.be/2012/01/time-to-call-spade-spade.html
      Enjoy and thank you for your comment!
      Inge x

      Delete