Saturday 1 December 2012

Thirty Days to Thorin (15) - A snippet of Smaug

In this new TV spot for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, we get a first look at the dragon, Smaug. You have to look very carefully, though, because he appears just a fraction of a second.

Although I'm very excited to see how Peter Jackson has designed the mightly beast Smaug, the end of this TV spot is actually a lot more exciting for me as it shows more of Thorin.

That hug between Thorin and Bilbo! I'm absolutely certain that that is going to be a very emotional moment in the film. Note to self: Take enough tissues to the cinema on 12 December...

I've got my tickets booked, by the way - I'm so excited!!

4 comments:

  1. Me too!!! Not going on opening day. that will be a mad house, But I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of going to the 00:01 screening on 12 December but that would indeed be too much of a mad house... So I'm going at 20:45 in the evening. So excited!!

      Delete
  2. My lap will be covered in boxes of tissues when I go to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan! I'm sure the mere fact that Richard is finally where he belongs - on the big screen as a leading man - will be enough to make me in great need of plenty of tissues!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete