|Richard Armitage photoshoot in NY 5 December 2012|
Picture by Victoria Will - Invasion - AP
Why this one? There are so many reasons why I love this picture, many of which would make no sense to anyone but me. I'll try to explain:
- Richard looks tired. I can see the jetlag. He looks real. After the larger-than-life pictures from the many red carpet events over the last week or so, it's obvious that the hectic schedule is getting to him. Hey, if you had gone from LA (US) to Auckland (NZ) , to Wellington (NZ), to Tokyo (Japan), to Toronto (Canada) to New York (US) in only a week or so, you would be tired as well! The great thing is that RA is not afraid to show it.
- I love the new haircut! Slightly longer on top and short along the sides. Just a little bit of wax and he's ready to go ;-)
- Lucas' sideburns and designer stubble - no explanation necessary
- The blue background makes his eyes sparkle
- I love that smile (what can I say?)
- The black hoodie again reminds me of Lucas North and black is not only my own favourite colour, it's also my favourite colour on him (although I must say that plum is also growing on me...I'll explain that in a later post)
- Leather... he's wearing leather *sigh* The jacket is a Todd Snyder (NY) and it looks incredible on Richard
- Last but not least: I have a very strange attraction to Richard's hands. When I see Richard on screen, my attention goes to his long, elegant fingers. The fact that they feature so prominently in this picture, makes me love it all the more...
Oh, and this was my runner-up for favourite picture. It's from a recently published photoshoot for Glamour Magazine that shows Richard in different scenes involving taxies in New York City. The caption for one of the pictures just said it all: "Yes, it makes us want to be a New York cabbie too" :-)