Thursday 6 December 2012

Thirty Days to Thorin (20) - 13 minutes of awe

"Whatever age you are, try to remember the sense of awe you had as a child... Hopefully you will leave with that awe firmly in place"
(James Nesbitt - Bofur)


A 13-minute Television Special has been made available. Careful, the video is full of spoilers, so if you're not ready for more details of the story, better not watch this...

If you are up for it, you will love this. I do. I can't believe that I'm only 1 week away from finally seeing this film, the first of 3, at least. *jumps up and down!*

I will mainly remember this:

Not only does Richard Armitage play a fierce warrior... he IS one! The proof is in this video :-)

Tolkien was a brilliant writer (not that there was ever any doubt!)

Philippa Boyens is a huge fan of Thorin Oakenshield (and, I suspect, also of Richard Armitage!)

This is how Richard describes Thorin:
"He's gone from prince to pauper and he's a battle-hardened warrior.He has a fierce sense of honour but he's been hardened by life, so his outer shell is pretty impenetrable."

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!



Update: The original video was removed from Youtube, but it seems it's now available again. I hope it remains here:



3 comments:

  1. It seems the video has now been removed from Youtube. I assume that it is going to be a part of the DVD extra's and was not supposed to be out at this time. Such a shame! Glad I got to see it just in time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a new page on Youtube that is showing the 13 minute trailer. I hope it remains there now!

    Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKQtXCOwtvo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing! I got chills while watching this. :)

    ReplyDelete