Friday 10 August 2012

A birthday countdown in pictures (#10)

Ten days into our countdown to Armitage Day and I still have so many pictures to share!:-)

Armitage Day, on 22 August, is Richard Armitage's birthday. He'll be blowing out 41 candles this year - unless he decides to sleep through his birthday again, like he did last year!

Back to today: It's Friday night, and I've got a date with this guy (I wish!):

The pictures from this photoshoot appeared in the Sunday Times in April 2006
I love the dark green colour of Richard's suit, dark but warm at the same time. The boots are lovely, but I would change the tie, though. Or he can just do without the tie... And I want that table for my dining room (with the gorgeous man on top, if you please!)

I especially like the fact that you can clearly see that this kind of photoshoot is just not Richard's cup of tea... He tries to put on his best 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' look, but I just see right through that. Oh, he's obliging the photographer by taking on this pose and staring right at us. He knows the picture will look great, but this is clearly not Richard, it's just an act. I can't explain why that's so clear to me from this picture, but it is.

A great start of the weekend! Have a good one!


What's a birthday without a birthday present? But what do you get the man who's living his dream?
This year, consider donating to one of Richard's selected charities (Shelter, The Salvation Army, Childline and Barnardo's) - visit his
Just Giving page. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. He is such a convincing actor, he is making you believe that he is pretending. It's like acting like he is acting. Clear as mud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Inge.
    Photographers should stop trying to pose RA and just let the man do his thing naturally. Of course he might melt the camera before he melts our hearts. But I'm sure the photographer's have insurance on their cameras. Ha!
    Cheers! Grati ;->
    P.S. Spot on Kitty! I especially like RAs Project Magazine pix from July 2011. Or should I say, Thorin's pix? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always had the impression he was a bit uncomfortable posing for this one and thought it was just me! I've seen him in much better "suit" pictures but I'm really not complaining. It is RA after all!:D

    ReplyDelete