Tuesday 7 August 2012

A birthday countdown in pictures (#7)

Two things made me select this picture for today.

First of all, I've been experiencing internet connection difficulties this evening. Five minutes before I was going to publish today's picture, the connection was suddenly gone! Luckily, the problem was quickly solved, but I decided to go for a different picture. This one shows my frustration about having to start again from scratch...

I've also been watching some amazing athletes at work at the London Olympics this evening (on TV, unfortunately, I wasn't actually there). So I felt like showing off Richard's amazing physical strength. Did you know that he's actually trained in advanced stage combat? I'm sure those skills were a great help to get him through dwarf bootcamp!

The picture is from Peter Jackson's very first (pre-)production video from the set of The Hobbit, so this scene must have taken place in March of 2011.

I have just two things to say:  "Nice legs, Richard!" and "Grrrrrrr......" ;-))


Richard Armitage in physical training for his role as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit.
Picture supplied by www.richardarmitagenet.com

What's a birthday without a birthday present? But what do you get the man who's living his dream?
This year, consider donating to one of Richard's selected charities (Shelter, The Salvation Army, Childline and Barnardo's) - visit his
Just Giving page. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Indeed, he has nice legs. But then Richard has nice everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Jeannie, but a girl has to make choices now and then! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ooh yes! And I'm guessing that with carting around all of Thorin's costuming and hair--Ha!--RA's legs and arms would have to be even more muscular.
    The even more muscular arms "evidence" came with the Dwarfs in the barrels vlog pix. Yummmm! Can the leg evidence be far behind? Ohhh! Poor choice of words. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the dwarves in the barrels... I sure had to do a double take on those arms - Wow!! I'm really looking forward to seeing that scene in the (second?) film!

      Delete