Monday 20 August 2012

A birthday countdown in pictures (#20)

I'm almost at the end of the countdown to Armitage Day, the 41th birthday of my muse, Mr. Richard Crispin Armitage on 22 August.

Whenever I need to be reminded of how incredibly talented this man is, I look at the picture below. In 2002, Richard played gentle giant John Standring in the three-part drama series Sparkhouse, a modern version of Wuthering Heights.

I 'met' Richard when he played John Thornton in North & South, but it was his role as John Standring that convinced me that RA was one of the best actors of his generation. He went to the casting for this role in character, and convinced the casting directors without a fragment of doubt that he was John Standring. His performance in Sparkhouse continues to amaze me and I go back to it on a regular basis. You can see the entire series on Youtube, and you really should!

Richard Armitage as John Standring in Sparkhouse (2002)
Picture supplied by www.richardarmitagenet.com

What's a birthday without a birthday present? But what do you get the man who's living his dream?
This year, consider donating to one of Richard's selected charities (Shelter, The Salvation Army, Childline and Barnardo's) - visit his
Just Giving page. Thank you!


5 comments:

  1. Richard's role Of John Standring made this series really stand out for me. If he wasn't int, I would not have watched it. But like you, I found out what a really excellent actor Richard is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this series yet but from these comments I'm off to YouTube to watch it. Thanks. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, you'll love it! He's not his usual dashing self in this, but his talent is more than obvious!

      Delete
  3. Hi Inge,
    A lovely picture and character. RA's John Standring character portrayal is so heartfelt. I just want to give John a hug and tell him that he is worthy of love and it will find him one day.
    Of course, I always say that I married my own John Standring--a nice decent bloke whom it was my good fortune to fall in love with, and he fell in love with me.
    Cheers! Grati ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your very own JS is making you very happy Grati! Such a sweet comment...

      Delete